Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snow day=vacation day=PRODUCTIVE





Any one who crops with me knows that I am a big fan of sticky notes. If I want/need to add something to a layout, I do that at home and I just put a sticky note on the top of the layout. Those that crop with me also know that I started in December 2007 doing a double layout for each month. So even if I'm not caught up (what's that???) with my scrapbooking, I can at least have the highlights of each month. Thankfully, today was a snow day and I planned on staying home, sweat pants, no makeup and creating. I eliminated many sticky notes today and I am only 1 month away from being done with 2009! Wahoo! I also put December 2007 and 2008 in an album and moved 2009 into it's own album.

For 2010, I have 12 monthly layouts from Basic Grey and I'm going to try to use them. I'll need to check the layouts and get my picture sizes figured out and hopefully I'll be working on them in February at a crop. I've never figured out the pictures ahead of time, so we'll see if that works.

I also did some organizing, finished up that last single page layout, cards for the card swap(December cards, not January yet), and some packing of projects for a weekend crop. Unfortunately, tomorrow is back to the grind....not nearly as much fun and requires makeup.

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like you did have a productive day!
I started doing something like that in 2009. A single monthly page layout that captured the whole month.
I made it to April :)
But I have every intention of catching up and doing 2010 as well.
Maybe our next crop :)

Monica said...

wow! Sounds like a wonderful fun day and you got so much done! I am hopelessly behind

Tina said...

I'm home today (woohoo) and was thinking I would get a lot done until I looked at your blog. Now, I just want to have another cup of my special coffee and contemplate the wonders of the world.