The top three pictures are things that I brought home from the retreat, but not entirely made by me. I did the needlework on the tote, but Monica did the "real" sewing of the project bag. And the beautiful colorful tote bag, that was made by Monica as well. We bought the fabric last year when we were in Kansas City. Monica not only finished mine, but hers as well. She is an exceptional sewer and bag maker. Now the hooked rug, that was started by me, probably worked on very slowly over the last several years, probably only a few stitches at a time. Last year at the Lake, I brought it and tried to work on it. I realized that I do not like rug hooking at all. Carole, wonderful hooker that she is, took it home and finished it for me. LOVE it, LOVE it so much! It is neat to think both our hands worked on it.
The table runner, now that was a fun project. Tina and I both made table runners, being non-sewers in the cabin. Mom, Carole, Monica and June all made one, but they sew. So they were much faster than Tina and myself. But we did a great job and it is on my table at a place of honor. Thanks to the other cabin for enabling us for this group project.
No comments:
Post a Comment