Sunday, September 30, 2012
Since we missed the Norfolk & Southern family reunion in North Carolina in July, we planned on going to North Platte, Nebraska for Railfest this year, which was also celebrating Union Pacific's 150th birthday. Let me tell you, my husband knows LOTS about trains. And not to brag, but I can hang with the best of them on my knowledge, at least the best of the wives along, which is a small number. We saw lots of "meets" which is when two trains pass going the opposite way. Paul said I was lucky.
I watched him in the rearview mirror alot. I was able to work on my wool applique while he watched the trains. There are several overpasses built by the trains for pedestrian viewing. On Saturday, it took us four hours to travel 100 miles because we were able to stop so much. We were also able to do some video while we were driving next to the trains.
This last picture was funny. We went up in the Golden Spike to view the UP rail yard; the largest in the United States at 2 miles wide and 6 miles long. When we entered, the man asked for my hand. I told him that it had been a long time since a man had asked for my hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment