
In April, I visited Indiana twice for Vera and baskets. Firstu up, went to the Vera Bradley outlet sale with these three crazy gals on a 24 hour road trip.....arrived at hotel at 2:00 a.m. and back home by 6:00 that night. But what fun, especially as they had never been. And since it was my second time, I was a little calmer.
Then it was back to Indiana for the Stateline Basket Retreat.

Another bunch of crazy girls....so much laughter...good for the soul.

First two baskets pictured and the wall basket were kits that I took and wove while Becky was in class.


Took the larger basket with Eric Taylor and the small Pail Basket with Joni-Dee Ross. Loved her so much and learned so much, that I borrowed a mold and took supplies for two space-dyed 5" nantuckets. The taller one on the right was woven for my mom, for Mother's Day. It has natural spokes and space-dyed weavers. You weave the space-dyed cane with the backside to the outside of the basket if you want it brighter as the cane doesn't take the dye very strong on the shiny side. My 5" nantucket is the smaller one on the left wove with space-dyed spokes and space-dyed weavers; the vibrant spoke color is on the inside, but the vibrant color of the weaver is on the outside. My basket is about an inch shorter than mom's basket as I had a spoke break.

1 comment:
The baskets are beautiful!
Post a Comment