Friday, June 21, 2013

Popes and Cardinals

The cardinal pictured is a daily visitor to my mom's house. In fact, when I was staying over about a month ago, I awoke to this odd noise....thought it was a mouse. It was this cardinal flying into the window over and over again. Mom says he goes to different windows depending on what room she is in. My dad called the conservation office as this was happening daily...and EARLY in the morning. This cardinal did not know how to sleep in. The conservation officer said that he could put up a picture of a predator and that might scare the cardinal and keep him away. For some reason, the only picture dad had was of Pope Francis. Guess Popes scare cardinals as the cardinal has not been flying into the window lately.

1 comment:

monica said...

Maybe he flew to Rome to be with the college of cardinals..I have had the same problem with a robin. Someone said when they see their reflection they think it's a rival bird and want to chase him away.