Thursday, December 30, 2010

have a little faith

I'm reading the book "have a little faith" by Mitch Albom. He wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie," which I never read, but I'd read a review about this new book and wanted to give it a try. I'm only halfway through, but two quotes jumped out at me yesterday. The first was from a discussion on whether or not God was real, with cloning, and surgeries available to change anything, and mapping genes. And the rabbi said that even with all of those things, you will die. "When you come to the end, that's where God begins."

The next quote was from a discussion about an atheist doctor. His brother had died and the man was angry, because he had no one to blame but himself, as he didn't believe in God. So Mitch asks about unanswered prayers and the rabbi says, "It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no, than to think that nobody's out there."

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like a good book that I should read.
Happy New Year, Barb! :)

Tina said...

I'll dring to that! Deep thoughts for the end of the year. Pass the Tanqueray and lets review those thoughts again.

Tina said...

Sorry, meant to say: drink to that! Darn keyboard--letters keep moving.