Went to Houston to go to a basket retreat with a good friend(who I miss dearly and wish I was closer). I wove 6 baskets and had a great time. Met new friends and laughed until we thought we'd pee in our pants. The retreat center was north of Houston and in the boonies....no phone reception unless you went way outside. Did have wi-fi, just no cell...oh, and no tv. That's ok, cause Becky and I just talked more. One night, I set the cell phone alarm and it said 7 hours and 59 minutes until it would go off. Well, if you talk for 2 more hours and then talk in bed another 1/2 hour, it doesn't leave near enough sleeping hours! But sleep is overrated and we persevered.
Here's the pictures.....my favorite...a black ash basket that is a quadrafoil. Very small, woven on a 4" mold.
3 comments:
gorgeous baskets! you do good work. :) glad it was a great trip - but i did miss you!
cool baskets!
those are amazing!
Post a Comment