Monday, April 2, 2012

Bobsledding and a stupid thing

Jamaica was a port for new things for me. I went on an excursion with Shari and Laura, my cousins. We went bobsledding and then to Dunn's River Falls. Bobsledding was at Mystic Mountain. We took a 15 minute gondola ride to the top of the mountain. I decided to be hooked onto Laura's bobsled as then I wouldn't drive too slow. Laura never put the brakes on and the extra weight made it go even faster. There is a video, but it's just screaming. Won't bother you with that. May even be a bad word or two. That is Shari behind us. We heard her screaming too. Somewhere in the greenery, is her hat.
Then we went on to Dunn's River Falls. No pictures as you don't take anything with you that won't get wet. The whole time I was climbing the Falls, I kept thinking "this was the stupidist thing you have ever done, Barb." I pretty much looked down the entire time as I was afraid of falling. Shari kept saying we were at the top, NOT. I would have liked to step out at either of the two points you could have done that, but my Aunt Judy had done it a couple weeks prior and I certainly wasn't going to let her one up me. Needless to say, will NEVER do that again.

After our excursion, we sampled several kinds of rum cream-another new thing. I did like the banana rum cream and brought a bottle home with me.

Luckily, our second stop was Grand Cayman and that was a little milder.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

How absolutely amazing, Barb!! :)